Describe gene imprinting that occurs in mammals.
- Approximately how many genes are affected? (1 mark)
- When is imprinting erased & re-established? (1 mark)
- What is the state of a male-imprinted gene in a female? (1 mark)
- What is the state of a male-imprinted gene in a male? (1 mark)
b) One theory is that imprinting is a competition between the father and the mother of a child to maximise their respective genetic fitness.
- Male imprinting maximises foetal growth, which ensures a healthy baby, but increases the risk of the mother dying in childbirth
- Female imprinting suppresses the growth of the foetus, ensuring the survival of the mother allowing her to give birth to more children.
- Do the genes imprinted by the male parent promote growth?
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality