what are the names and functions of the various binding sites on an enzyme?
What are some of the ways you could help support a friend or family member who might be displaying symptoms or behaviors that could be identified as a psychiatric illness or disorder? Discuss how you think services in your area would be able to help them. What are some of the risks involved in doing so?
Which of the following is used in the transfer of DNA from one bacterial cell to the other.
b. attachment pili
c. monotrichous flagella
d. sex pili
e. two of the above
2. You suspect that the aquarium you have at home is contaminated with yeast. You decide to contact someone for assistance in identifying the yeast and disinfecting the aquarium. Which of the following would probably be the best person to contact.
a. a phycologist
b. a bacteriologist
c. a mycologist
d. a virologist
e. a protozoologist
3. An organism that lives under extreme conditions, such very high salt or pH, is most likely to be
a. a virus
b. within the domain Bacteria
c. within the domain Archaea
d. within the domain Eukarya
e. none of the above
4. The primary sequence of a protein relates to its
a. basic shape
b. sequence of amino acids
c. three dimensional shape
d. overall shape when two or more polypeptides interact
5. Which type of macromolecule has the formula (CH2O)n.
d. nucleic acids
e. amino acids
6. Penicillin disrupts the
b. cell membrane
c. outer membrane
e. teichoic acids
7. Which of the following could be defined as a non-living microorganism.
a. a mold
b. a bacterium
c. a macromolecule
d. a virus
e. a crustacean
8. A bacterium is found adhering to an artificial hip joint that was implanted in an elderly patient. A microbiologist cultures the bacterium and determines that it is Staphylococcus epidermidis. From this information, what could you safely conclude about this bacterium.
a. it is a coccus
b. it is arranged in grape-like clusters
c. it could very well be producing a slime layer
d. two of the above
e. all of the above
9. Bacteria that have the curved rod shape are called
10. Two rod-shaped bacteria connected together would be called
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality