1. What function do fungi have in common with bacteria?
2. What % of plants obtain minerals through symbiotic relationships with fungi? _______________
3. The cell wall of fungi is made of this substance: ________________________
4. Multicellular fungi consist of thread-like structures called ________________________ that combine to form a thick mat of thread-like fibers called a _____________________________.
5. All fungi are heterotrophs/autotrophs (circle one).
6. Some fungi are saprobes. This means that they obtain nutrients from __________________________________________________.
7. How do fungi obtain nutrients? Explain. 8. What is “budding”?
9. In YOUR OWN WORDS, describe what happens during plasmogamy:
10. What is a dikaryon?
11. IN YOUR OWN WORDS, describe what happens during karyogamy.
12. Karyogamy results in the formation of _________________________________________.
13. Meiosis converts a zygote nucleus into _________________________________________. Know all parts of the generalized fungus life cycle diagram.
14. Define conidial fungi:
15. Scientists believe that the fungi arose from ___________________________________________________________________________.
16. The chytrid fungi (Chytridiomycota) are the ONLY fungi that _______________________ __________________________________________________________________________.
17. What does #16 tell you about the chytrid fungi, compared to the rest of the fungal groups? 18. What is the ecological significance of the chytrid fungi? Explain. This is REALLY important!!!
19. The zygomycetes (Zygomycota) reproduce sexually by structures called __________________________________.
20. What happens after a zygospore undergoes meiosis?
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality