1. What is the name for an extrusive igneous rock with 60% plagioclase, 25% amphibole, and 15% pyroxene? What is the name for its intrusive equivalent?
2. When a rock is subjected to partial melting, what is the likely compositional difference between the original rock and the magma produced? Explain why this is the case.
3. Magma composition has implications for its viscosity. What implications do differences in viscosity have for volcanic eruption styles?
What was the rate of movement of the Pacific Plate between the current Hawaiian hotspot and the formation of the island of Kauai in centimeters/year?
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality