Measuring Rates of Diseases Consider the following hypothetical situation: Belmont is a city is Northern Mississippi with a population of 60,000. In 2018, the vital statistics of Belmont showed the following: 331 live newborns 2 infant deaths 389 total deaths Of the 389 total deaths, 114 deaths were caused by heart disease. of the 389 total deaths, 97 deaths were caused by Alzheimer’s disease. of the 389 total deaths, 2 deaths (person A at age 48 and person B at age 61) were caused by suicide. If the 389 deaths were categorized by age, the following data would result Age 65 and older 55-64 Number of deaths 280 64 35-44 25-34 Under 25 8 10 2 Answer the following questions. 1. Find the crude mortality rate for Belmont in 2018. 2. Find the rate of death for heart disease in Belmont. 3. Find the rate of death for Alzheimer’s disease in Belmont. 4. If the population in Belmont had 11,000 people aged 65 and older, what is the adjusted death rate of that age group? 5. If the population in Belmont had 8,000 people between the ages of 25-34, that is the adjusted death rate of that age group. 6. Find the crude death rate of individuals aged 45-54.
7. What is the YPLL due to suicide for person A? For B? 8. What is the overall YPLL due to suicide for Belmont for 2018? **Bonus for Fun** Calculate the Infant mortality rate for the city of Belmont.
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality