What advantages and disadvantages does alternative splicing provide to eukaryotes? Be sure to include the role of introns in evolution (advantage) and in disease states (disadvantage).
- (5 marks) Explain the molecular basis for Huntington’s Disease and how DNA fragment analysis is used to (a) confirm diagnosis, (b) identify carriers, and (c) predict new patients.
- ( 6 marks) Your answer to (c) above contains one possible mechanism for neurodegenerative disorders caused by trinucleotide repeats. Briefly explain 2 other mechanisms for this type of genetic disorder. Give an example for each.
- How does an enhancer differ from a promoter? List at least three differences.
- What variations of indirect insemination occur? What are the costs and benefits of indirect insemination compared to direct insemination? relating to arthropods
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality