Which sentence best defines signal transduction in a biochemical context?
a. Alteration of cell functions in response to the environment
b. Generation of a chemical change in response to information
c. Induction of cell death upon nutrient starvation
d. Responses to stimuli
- Which statement is correct?
a. G protein-coupled receptors produce second messengers indirectly while receptor enzymes catalyse second messenger generation
b. Second messengers stimulate the activity of G protein-coupled receptors.
c. Receptor enzymes produce second messengers through activation of G protein-coupled receptors.
d. Receptor enzymes do not catalyse second messenger generation
- What second messenger is bound by calmodulin?
- cAMP is degraded by:
a. Adenylate cyclase
c. Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase
d. Protein kinase C
- G-protein coupled receptors contain:
a. Tyrosine kinase activity
b. Adenylate cyclase activity
c. No cell surface receptor domain
d. 7 transmembrane helices
- How can G-protein coupled receptor signalling be turned off?
a. Hydrolysis of GTP bound to Gs
b. Activation of adenylate cyclase
c. Formation of cAMP
d. Hydrolysis of GTP bound to Gi
- Phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate is converted into inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate and diacylglycerol by:
b. Protein kinase C
d. Phospholipase C
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality